By Brittney MacDonald, Life & Style Editor
It’s fall, and we all know what that means! It’s time for everyone’s favourite seasonal beverage, and no, I’m not talking about shamrock shakes. Pumpkin spice lattes are back! I mean, honestly, this little bundle of warm, delicious, cinnamon-y delight is responsible for 95 per cent of anyone’s autumn excitement. Getting that first cup has become so monumental in celebrating the changing of seasons that it warrants its own globally understood acronym. But what can you pair with your PSL to make it extra special this year?
- Your face! Nothing beats a classic.
- Knitwear. It’s hard to enjoy anything if you’re not cuddly.
- A dyslexic barista. I don’t know who Burt Knee is, but sure, I’ll take his coffee.
- Anything remotely pumpkin flavoured. What goes better with pumpkin? MORE PUMPKIN!
- Encroaching student loan debt. Artificially flavoured, overpriced sugar sludge doesn’t pay for itself.
- An expanding waistline. Extra whip cream and 400 more calories in mine, please!
- A growing sense of entitlement. Nothing raises your expectations like sitting in a Starbucks and ranting to your best friend about the total loser Tinder set you up with.
- Homework. All that caffeine will help when you realize all your professors decided to synch their due dates for maximum carnage.
- A selfie. If you get a PSL but don’t tweet about it, did it really happen?
- Another pumpkin spice latte. Because really, are you going to reduce the joy of fall to a single cup?