Candy to avoid when choosing what to give your trick-or-treaters
By Brittney MacDonald, Life & Style Editor
Halloween is fast approaching, and that means trick-or-treaters will be at your doorstep before you know it! So then, what can you do to make sure your house isn’t the only one on the block with a festive new toilet paper canopy? Well you can start by getting the right kind of candy! Nothing ruins a kid’s goodie bag worse than a visit to the one house that’s giving out the crappy treats, or worse—toothbrushes! So here’s a list of the top 10 worst Halloween candy, so you can avoid them and all the repercussions that come with them.
- Tootsie Rolls. Nobody likes them and they look like poop.
- Thrills. They taste like soap. If kids wanted that, they’d swear a lot more.
- Rockets. Just pastel-coloured cocaine.
- Chocolate pumpkins. They’re round, covered in foil, and made from the worst chocolate ever.
- Caramel apple pops. They resemble radioactive ooze and taste neither like caramel nor apple.
- Black licorice. This is not candy. This is what you give old people as a laxative.
- Candy corn. Candy? Delicious! Corn? Delicious! Candy corn? A plague on humanity.
- Tic Tacs. Kids don’t want to smell minty fresh; they want to eat sugar until they fall into a coma.
- Candy shaped like body parts. It’s confusing, and encourages cannibalism.
- Jelly beans. There’s a time and place for jelly beans—it’s called Easter.