Brought to you by App Man
By Dominic Chan, Contributor
Welcome, welcome, welcome. App Man is here to recommend the best apps of the week. Each week, App Man will have a new theme for you to discover and enjoy. And don’t forget! If you have any cool apps to share, email App Man at email@example.com
While others are studying for midterms, we, the cool guys, don’t need books ‘cause we got it all in our head. Check out this week’s theme of fun and free games for you to enjoy in your spare time.
1. Bad Piggies – iOS ($0.99)/Android (free). The green piggies from Angry Birds are back! And this time, they’re more prepared than ever! Featuring new physics and ways to end each pig’s life faster, you’ll be glued to the screen with its addictive cartoony graphics. If you were a fan of Angry Birds, this will fit right in! 4/5
2. Grabatron – Free for iOS/Android. Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be an alien serial killer? Tilting your phone back and forth, you’ll use your ship’s “Grabatron,” a mechanical arm, to abduct earth creatures! Compare your scores internationally and see if you’re the “Alien” we all fear. App Man found this game to be addictive, refreshing like no other, and full of content to be unlocked! 5/5
3. Prince Of Persia Classic – iOS ($1.99)/Android (Free). Revisit the ancient lands of Persia as your beloved classic is resurrected for app lovers. Featuring revised graphics from the classic, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (2003), this game will leave you breathless. Despite its sticky and often slow control response, Prince of Persia still manages to be fun in a matter of seconds. 3.5/5
4. Line Runner – Free for iOS/Android. Although it looks simple, Line Runner is as difficult as teaching your mother to use a computer. Your goal? Using only two controls (one to jump, and one to roll), you must run as far as you can, avoiding obstacles. It’s both addictive and has a steep learning curve, meaning this game will have you hooked for hours. 4/5
5. What’s My IQ? – Free for iOS/Android. “Oh look, it’s one of those stupid games again.” App Man disagrees! Despite its cartoony look, What’s My IQ gets you thinking out of the box! With over 50 questions, see how smart you really are, and compare them to your friends. Just don’t blame App Man when you’re the slow one. If you think you’re a big shot, players can add 50 questions with What’s My IQ? Pro ($0.99).
Disclaimer: App Man is not responsible for failed classes, your exes, gaming addiction, or thumb muscle problems. With great apps, comes great responsibility.