A versatile, portable concealer
By Lauren Kelly, Editor-in-Chief
NYX’s Wonder Pencil is billed as a 3-in-1, as you can use it as a lip liner, eye brightener, and concealer. It comes in three different colours: Deep, Medium, and Light. The colour matches the tubes so try to match your skin-tone to them, since they’re sealed with plastic and therefore can’t be swatched.
The product comes as a traditional pencil that you can sharpen, making it very slim and portable for concealer touch-ups throughout the day. The formula is also surprisingly creamy, so blending is quick and easy with a tool or with your fingertip. It’s only $5.99 at London Drugs, and although it’s billed as a 3-in-1, you can do even more with it:
- You can skip the difficulty of lining your lips by instead using the Wonder Pencil as a reverse lip liner. Simply line the skin outside of your lips to create a defined lip shape, and then blend it out.
- A common tip for brightening your eyes is using white or nude eyeliner and lining your waterline with it. I’ve always found white to be too unnatural, but this shade did a great job. You can also use it on your inner corners to seem even more awake!
- This is a great tool for spot concealing—just make sure to blend it well so it looks natural with the rest of your skin. Also, if you’re using it for blemishes, wipe or sharpen it before using it on your waterline again.
- A trick for making under-eye bags a bit less noticeable is to run this along the bottom of your eye bag where the shadow falls. This will highlight it enough that it should create a smoother appearance.
- When you’re doing your eyebrows, finish them by running this underneath to make them look crisp and defined.
Be creative or do some research online to figure out even more uses. A tool like this can perform the role of multiple products, so it’s a great addition to your repertoire—especially for travelling!