A list of great activities afforded by December’s neighbour, November!
By Chandler Walter, Humour Editor
- Mourn the end of October, with its colourful leaves and bright days. See how the branches become bare, dead. Look back on the joyous night out with your friends, everyone in fun and exciting costumes. This will be your month-long hangover.
- Wait for December, the month of joy and good cheer. The month of beautiful snow and festive holidays and loved ones and laughter. Imagine the warm fires and delicious pastries and all the eggnog you can drink. School will be but a forgotten memory, and you will barely have to cook for yourself any more.
- Remember those fallen brothers out in the battlefields, giving their lives for your freedom. The pain that they suffered and the torment they endured day in and day out. Take school or work off to remember the dead. Make a day of it.
- Endure the long lectures of November, the relentless drone of the professor’s voice. Trudge your way through the last few weeks of midterms, then term papers, then studying for finals. Make the same pasta dish you have every night, and eat those leftovers the next day for lunch because you just can’t bring yourself to put effort into anything. Hold on, brave traveller, and crawl towards the white light of December.
- Celebrate the fact that you have made it this far through the semester, and that November is just a month like any other, and that it will soon be over. Celebrate with a bottle of cheap rum by yourself in a dimly lit room as the rain comes down outside your window. Good times.
- Sense the month engulf you entirely. Feel the cold in the air, and the creeping chill in your toes. Feel the rain drip down the back of your neck. Watch as the world gets darker and darker each day, with every tomorrow more void of light than the last.
- Every second earned of November is a second behind you. Eventually they will add up, making hours, days, weeks. Withstand the dark chill of November, and leave it all behind you after 30 gruelling days. Arrive at December 1 a champion, made stronger by the trials you had to endure. Be at peace, and know that November is a long 11 months away once more.